“Enjoy some Brown Ale at your next event!”
We are a versatile, fun-loving Celtic and East Duo that plays lots of instruments.
- Irish flute
- tin whistle
We've played at all sorts of events
- Festivals (Owen Sound Celtic Festival, Canterbury Folk Festival, Winterfolk, Wye Marsh Festival)
- Folk Clubs (Flying Cloud Folk Club, Barrie Folk Club, Orilla Folk Society)
- Fundraisers (Amnesty International, ArtsCan Circle, Sick Kids Hospital, Walk for Schizophrenia)
- Community Events (Canada Blooms, Carassauga, Black Creek Pioneer Village, Milton Arts Festival)
- Corporate functions (Brampton Downtown Business Association, Oshawa Golf and Country Club)
- House Concerts, Coffee Houses, Ceilidhs, Weddings....
We play lots of different types of music
- English, Irish, Scottish, Newfoundland, Maritime, Canadian
- Lively songs and tunes, delicate ballads, humerous ditties, brave a cappella pieces, Newfoundland recitations
- Steadfast traditional songs and tunes, tasteful covers, orginal historical pieces
- Well loved classic treasures and rare gems
and can play in lots of work shops
- Traditional East Coast (Newfoundland) Music
- Traditional Celtic (English/Scottish/Irish) Music
- Newfoundland (East Coast) Culture and History
- Modern Approaches to Traditional Songs
- Adapting Non-traditional Music into Traditional Folk Music
- Historical Songs
- Songs and Stories to Die By and Live For
- Songs of the Sea/Sea Shanties
- A Capella Singing
- Irish Flute/Tin Whistle
- Humourous/Bawdy Songs
- Metaphors in Folk Music
- Traditional Folk Ballads
- Heroes, Heroines and Villains
- Tall Tales and True Stories
- Great Canadian Folk Songs and Singers
- Jammin' in the Pub
- Love Songs
- Folk Anthems
- Where did you get THAT Song From?
- Once Upon a Time....
- And it's got a Chorus!
So who are we, and how can you reach us?
Glenn McFarlane : guitar, mandolin, bouzouki, harmonica, accordian, percussion, vocals
Les Smith : bass, tin whistle, Irish flute, concertina, accordian, bodhran, mandolin, banjolin, percussion, vocals
Brown Ale Music
39 Windermere Crt.
Brampton, Ont., L6X 2L5